So where does my story begin?
I guess I will start with the very best part of it all.
I am a mother.
And like every mother’s child, he is the most beautiful of all.
He is 2. How time flies. I never truly understood that before. Time quickly flying always related to me as when running for the last bus after a night of clubbing with friends, the summervacation ending sooner than I would want to go back to school again or my birthdays reminding me of getting a year older. But being a mother brought me to a whole different understanding of time. Time truly flies. Blink for a second and you'll miss it.
The first touch of a first love. The first kiss. Wanting desperately to freeze time to be in that moment forever. Time flies. But this kind.
This was the kind that you would want time to go as naturally as it has always gone, ever wanting your child to grow up and be surprised for who he or she will be, but for the first time, really and truly enjoying the moment, taking every first smile and first step of your child into memory. And then go on to enjoying another thing he does the next second. Yes time flies, and they grow up so fast. I still remember my son trying desperately to roll over and letting him do it on his own with a saddened heart. Now, almost 2 years later, I ran after him trying to get his shoes on. I could tell you the whole story from the months I carried him, up to the day he decided to leave my protective womb. I could tell you how I felt, what it meant to me and how scared I was. I could tell you he is the very best of my life, the center of my universe. But as all mothers would say, this mother at least, its an experience you alone can truly give meaning to. I would not even dare to explain or describe the whole experience. No words just can justify.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment