Tuesday, March 23, 2010
GLASS HALF FULL...
When did I get so old? They say, you are as old as you feel? Which is their way of telling you, feel young and be young. But what happens if I feel so old? When did I get to the point that taking vitamins, and mind you not the fresh-fruits-kind of vitamins but the kind in bottles, when did I get to the point that taking vitamins became a daily commitment? I once tried to lift up this box, unknowingly making the mistake of a friend being an audience of the whole thing. I heaved a sigh and groaned while lifting the damn thing up making it obvious to anyone who might want to see that the box was too heavy for my young (old) body… or was it the other way around? I swear you could almost hear my back cracking. The said friend sarcastically laughed and said that I wasn’t that old! It was an eye opener! Thanks friend! OMG yes I know I am only 32! I might be in an early midlife crisis. Or I just might need to go to the gym more often. I don’t know. I will read this with somewhat annoyance when I am 60 for sure! When did I get to feel so old? My hair isn’t that shiny and healthy as it used to be, my size 34 in my twenty-something days is far from near, my face is getting puffier everyday, I get the flu and cold every month as opposed to none a few years ago, its the prerogative of being a mother my accupuncturist sarcastically said. Yah blame the kid, that always works! And the other day I found a gray hair between my once so black shiny hair. I swear I almost had a nervous breakdown, or maybe I did! I don’t know, I don’t remember. But I am so annoyingly optimistic, or rather I try to. The optimistic part that is. See the glass half full, they say. So. Yeah. I got old. I started to need bottle-labled vitamins, my hair is on an oil-youth treatment and having a cold every month is starting to be a normal routine. Thank god anti-wrinkle creams haven’t found me yet! So I got older. But hopefully someone out there will also say..... and wiser. I have a beautiful home. A man and a love only the lucky few of us have found. And a beautiful son who is the centre of it all. So when did I get so old? I guess it is a state of mind. See things in a different point of view. Perceive opportunity. Or perceive trouble. Or both. Thank god that choice is still ours. So when you do feel old you will know it is ok to feel that way once in a while. Just keep it in balance I guess. Yin yang. Light and Dark. Happiness and sadness. Neither one exists without the other. It is all part of the game. And you gotta play to win, they say. So I will heave a sigh and moan and groan whenever I lift a box up if I want to. After all, there is always the other side of that damn half empty glass to look forward too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment