Tuesday, March 23, 2010
KILIG
My friend has a date. This guy whom she has been swooning at for sometime finally had the courage to ask her out. Raised in amsterdam, she is still a pinay at heart, so asking the guy out was never an option to her. So she has a date. It might not seem that special. A date. Everybody has a date. But this particular friend of mine has had her share of laughters with guys, but also heartbreaks, lots of them. She has shed tears for men she thought she would share her life with forever only to end up hurting. So yes she has a date. And I am so excited for her. And happy for her. Sincerely. But I cant help to think it might be out of selfishness too. She's in the first stage of the game we call love. Wanting each other but still too shy to show it to each other. Goosebumps it gives me, kilig as we call it in Tagalog. After 12 years in a relationship I can honestly tell you that the kilig is pretty much over. So I'm getting my kilig from friends who are still in the dating stage of a relationship. But I am not sorry for the kilig to be gone on my side of the game. Its just how it goes. Being in love turned into love, and the kilig in love is still there, just less awkward. The sweetness is still there. My Lief participated with the 25th dam tot dam race by night in Amsterdam. It was to be a big event with cameras and tv people and all. I could not come to cheer for him so I told him to blow me a kiss when he sees a camera, so I would know he was thinking of me. Yes I'm pretty selfish that way, let the guy run his heart out, but the kiss is for me! And as promised, he did. That gave me goosebumps. So I guess that’s the kilig still. Just in another wrapping, but kilig none the less!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment